Without very much budget how will you implement your ideas?I will cross that bridge when I come...
Thanks to Doug, who is standing as a independant for Tunstall.
- What are the biggest problems facing this area?
- What issues would you tackle first?
until I know what issues
- Without very much budget how will you implement your ideas?
I will cross that bridge when I come to it
- How would you generate income for the local area?
I am not going to disclose that until after the election.
- What are your thoughts on Anti Social Behaviour?
it has got to stop
- Will you be working full time or part time as a ward councillor?
that is my business
Questions by Jon Morgan, Bankeyfields
- Who should be running of the council the Council Officers or the Councilors.
the ones that get voted in
- How do you envisage keeping local facilities such as Tunstall Pool Open.
it is shut
- How would you deal with Anti-Social Behavior.
I am already dealing with it
- How are the council / you going to get Business to move to the area.
- How will you get money spent in our area in preference to other areas.
- Will you fight the officers of the council and return the power back to its rightful place (in the hands of the councillor)?
- Will you take steps to have the 106 money (with acrued interest) returned to its rightfull owners. The area that it was designated for?
it's a long story
- Who will be your priority your party, your voters, or the council?
- Will you serve the voters irrespective of political beliefs?
- What past experience do you have that makes you think you are prepared for the responsibly of being a Councillor?
my vast experience
- What are your major strengths?
not giving in
- What are your major weaknesses?
working for Tunstall
- What is more important, to fix a street light or to install a park bench, and why?
fix street light h@ s
- What experience do you have in securing funding?
my record, I have raised £23000 in funding
- What are your thoughts on keeping a weekly/bi weekly blog on MyTunstall if elected of
- work you are carrying out?
- ongoing ward budget?
- key local news?
We will see
- What green initiatives do you think can benefit all in the ward?
- Which members of the community are your priority?
- What power have you got ?
- Where did it come from ?
- In whose interest do you use it ?
- To whom are you accountable ?
- How do we get rid of you ?
get voted in first
- How will you communicate what you plan to do / have done with us?
get voted in first
- How will you engage the electorate?
- Where do you see the line being drawn between the community solving their problems and the local government doing it?
No lines goverment getpaid to do a job
- What are your views on a Big Society?
- In your view, what are the major challenges facing this ward and what do you think a councillor's role is to address them?
ABS, Drugs, Dog litter
- General question that would probe local knowledge and their interpretation of what they can do/achieve
- What are your connection to this ward, why have you chosen to represent this ward?
- Can you explain -in detail- your strategy to bring big business into the area, particularly in sectors such as finance which is a well paid sector and is entirely under represented in Stoke on Trent? (Remember the business rates on office premises is much lower here than in other areas.)
- If you do manage to attract businesses into the area, what will you do to ensure that a high proportion of managerial and supervisory jobs go to local people rather than allowing companies to import their top paid employees from outside the area? (As is the case now)
- What will you do to bring local salary levels up to the National average, or at least the average in the West Midlands?