Following on from yesterday's report about the hole that appeared in Tunstall Park Lake draining a substantial amount of water, things didn't go quite so smoothly over night. (scroll down for the gallery, and click the images for a larger image)
- Hole grew bigger this time taking some of the surrounding wall
- More water left the lake
- Environment Agency started to rescue the fish when the hole didn't stabilize
- Fish have been rehoused in the small pool
- A generator is been used to pump and circulate the smaller pool (please don't knick the generator)
- Coal board engineers think the shaft might be a Bell Pit, rather than a proper mine shaft
- Green dye has been added to the hole, to see where it comes out.
- The top of half of the pool is virtually empty
A big thanks from all of the fish to the Environment Agency people who have been moving the bigger fish today. Great work.
- There are also baby coots on the lake, so congratulations to Mummy coot.