view counter

Police name man who died in the Jesters Pub, Fegg Hayes as Raymond Cannon, 5 arrests made

view counter


Staffordshire Police have confirmed the identity of the man who died in the Jesters Pub, Fegg Hayes on Friday Night  as Raymond Cannon, aged 52, from the Biddulph area.

Further medical tests are expected to take place.

Officers investigating the incident have arrested five men on suspicion of murder. The men, one aged 18, two aged 20 and two aged 21, all from the Stoke-on-Trent area, have been released pending further enquiries.

Neighbourhood officers will be in the area and will be available to address any concerns that residents may have.

Witnesses or anyone with information should contact Staffordshire Police on 101, quoting 871 of the 10 May, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.



Javascript is required to view this map.
View in Google Maps


Guest's picture

R.I.P Ray you'll be missed by

R.I.P Ray you'll be missed by all those who knew and loved you, I'll see you in that boozer in the sky soon buddy!! LL&R
marks's picture

Update:TWO men were due to


TWO men were due to appear in court today charged with manslaughter following the death of a grandfather.

Ray Cannon, aged 52, from Biddulph, died following a disturbance at The Jester pub in Fegg Hayes on May 10.

Now Matthew Hancock, aged 22, from Fegg Hayes, and Callum Belfield, aged 21, from Chell Heath, were last night charged with Mr Cannon's manslaughter.

Three other men arrested in connection with the incident remain on bail, pending further inquiries.

Another 18-year-old man, who was originally arrested on suspicion of murder, was previously released without charge.

Mr Cannon, of Lagonda Close, had been a self-employed plasterer in the local area for 30 years.

Paramedics tried to save him but he was pronounced dead at the scene at around midnight.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.