To assist with tasks in the Press Office for Douglas Macmillan Hospice, we require a volunteer to carry out various tasks to support the team and maintain the organisation’s coverage within the local and national press.
· Excellent command of spoken & written English, with good eye for detail.
· Previous experience within a media environment is beneficial but not essential.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Publisher.
· Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Wordpress and YouTube.
· Comfortable with talking to journalists and reporters in person and on the telephone.
· Experience using e-mail marketing software (not essential)
Tasks include –
· Collating the Hospice’s Print, Broadcast and Social Media coverage.
· Writing press releases and website articles.
· Proofreading press releases for quality control purposes.
· Spotting opportunities for PR coverage to enhance Douglas Macmillan Hospice’s profile in the local community.
· Attending photo calls with the local media.
· Taking photos for PR, website and social media purposes.
· Pitching ideas for press releases and video features for our YouTube channel.
· Interviewing supporters in person and on the telephone for press releases.
· Researching new print and online outlets to publicise and promote Hospice events and campaigns.
· Taking notes from meetings.
· Writing copy for monthly e-mail marketing bulletins for various events, campaigns and initiatives.
All interested parties please call our Voluntary Services on 01782 344332 or e-mail email@example.com