What is London Road Festival?
Over the Bank Holiday weekend in June, Monday 4th June will be the main Festival day with bands on the ARC Stage and Tuesday 5th there will be a BIG JUBILEE LUNCH in Boothen Gardens.
We've added some great new events to Friday, Saturday and Sunday too - so check out the Festival Programme page or look out for a flyer in your local shops, pubs and libraries.
What's On, What's Happening
The SWOCA team is organising some of the events:
a STREET PERFORMANCE PROJECT for young people (funded by Coalfields Regeneration Trust) - with workshops and performance at the weekend.
an OPEN AIR GALLERY along London Road for the weekend (funded by The Arts Council)
To make these happen we are working with local people and local artists.
- Local Residents, organisations, businesses, pubs, groups - are also involved with putting their own projects into action:
- an Art Gallery, in the old West End pub, featuring local artists
- a Flower Festival & Festival Cafe, in Stoke Baptist Centre
- a Caribbean evening at the London Road Social Club - with food and music - in Aid of Midlands Jamaica Aid
- line dancing
- Jubilee Big lunch - BBQ, games, music
- drumming workshops
- history walk along London Road
- storytelling the Runaway Elephant
- buskers along the road
- festival arc main stage - bands
- pop-up vintage fair & crafts in the community centre
- and lots more too..